Clerics of the madness domain worship the Eldritch horrors, they work to recruit warlocks and spread fear and madness through the world. Their powers are used to assault the mind and kill their enemies without a scratch left on them.
Madness Domain Spells
|1st||Dissonant Whispers, Tasha’s Hideous Laughter|
|3rd||Crown of Madness, Phantasmal Force|
|5th||Bestow Curse, Hunger of Hadar|
|7th||Evard’s Black Tentacles, Phantasmal Killer|
|9th||Contact other Plane, Synaptic Static|
At 1st level, You also become proficient in your choice of two of the following skills: Arcana, History, Insight, or Religion.
Additionally, when you make a melee attack, instead of attacking physically you may project an illusionary attack at the target that can be seen by everyone around you. This attack is considered a melee weapon attack, uses your melee attack modifier, and melee damage modifier, but does psychic damage.
Also at level 1, your worship of the Eldritch horrors has taught you how to invade the mind of those seeking to harm you. When you are targeted by a melee attack, you may use your reaction to insert distracting psychic whispers into the mind of the attacker. Until the end of their current turn they subtract 1d4 from all melee attack rolls.
You can use this feature a number of times equal to your Wisdom modifier (a minimum of once). You regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.
Channel Divinity: Maddening Thoughts
Starting at 2nd level, you can use your Channel Divinity to empower your mental assaults. When you deal psychic damage or cause psychic damage through an ability of yours you can use your channel divinity to maximize the damage.
At level 6, when a creature affected by your distracting whispers ability misses a melee attack, their mind is overwhelmed by your mental assault on them. They are stricken to the ground, falling prone, and must immediately end their turn.
At 8th level, you gain the ability to infuse your weapon strikes with divine energy. Once on each of your turns when you hit a creature with a weapon attack, you can cause the attack to deal an extra 1d8 psychic damage (your choice) to the target. When you reach 14th level, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
At level 17 you may inflict madness on an enemy. As an action you can channel the eldritch horrors on you. All creatures within 10 feet of you must make a wisdom save against your spell DC or suffer from madness. Each target that fails the save must roll a d8 for an effect from the madness table to see how they are afflicted. Due to your closeness to madness yourself, you can recognize their madness and know how they are affected.
- The target retreats into his or her mind and becomes Paralyzed for 1 minute. The target can make a new save to end the effect when they take damage.
- The target becomes Incapacitated and spends the Duration screaming, laughing, or weeping for 1 minute. The target can make a new save to end this effect at the end of each of their turns.
- The target becomes Frightened and must use his or her action and Movement each round to flee from you. Once they can no longer see you, this effect ends.
- The target begins babbling and is incapable of normal Speech or Spellcasting for the next minute. As an action, the target can attempt to organize their mind, allowing them to attempt to make the save again
- The target must use his or her action each round to Attack the nearest creature for the next minute. At the end of each turn the target makes a new save to end the effect
- The target experiences vivid hallucinations and has disadvantage on Ability Checks for the next minute.
- The target is Stunned for the next minute, at the end of each turn the target makes a new save to end the effect.
- The target falls Unconscious for the next hour, they remain unconscious until they are dealt damage or another creature uses an action to wake them up.
You may use this ability 1 time per short rest.